At S.G. Certification, we offer different kind of
ISO Certificates according to industry and company profile. We have enabled
companies achieve certification communicate to the market. The communication
ensures that they have undergone a comprehensive, rigorous assessment and
their organization meets the defined standards of quality. Following are the
services we are offering:
RoHS is the acronym for Restriction of Hazardous
Substances. RoHS, also known as Directive 2002/95/EC, originated in the
European Union and restricts the use of specific hazardous materials found
in electrical and electronic products. All applicable products in the EU
market after July 1, 2006 must pass RoHS compliance.
What are the restricted materials mandated under RoHS?
The substances banned under RoHS are lead (Pb), mercury (Hg), cadmium (Cd),
hexavalent chromium (CrVI), polybrominated biphenyls (PBB) and
polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDE).
Why is RoHS compliance important?
The restricted materials are hazardous to the environment and pollute
landfills, and are dangerous in terms of occupational exposure during
manufacturing and recycling.
The following product categories are impacted under the RoHS Directive:
The following products are currently exempted from RoHS compliance:
- Large household appliances: refrigerators, washers, stoves,
- Small household appliances: vacuum cleaners, hair dryers,
coffee makers, irons
- Computing & communications equipment: computers,
printers, copiers, phones
- Consumer electronics: TVs, DVD players, stereos, video
- Lighting: lamps, lighting fixtures, light bulbs
- Power tools: drills, saws, nail guns, sprayers, lathes,
- Toys and sports equipment: videogames, electric trains,
- Automatic dispensers: vending machines, ATM machines
- Medical devices and equipment
- Control and monitoring equipment
- National security use and military equipment
- Large stationary industrial tools
- Certain light bulbs and some batteries